Administration Officer (National Position) - Country Office, Erbil - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Administration Officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities in Erbil Country office. This position is based in the Country Office, Erbil. The Administration Officer will to Administration and Liaison Coordinator in the Country Office.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in office management or related fields with minimum of three (3) years of experience as Admin Officer/Government Liaison position in humanitarian operations. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for this position with ability to speak/write also in Kurdish and Arabic. The candidate is expected to have skills in report writing. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct are also required.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities.
- Ensure timely processing of work permits, visas and other relevant permits for International staff and NRC visitors and maintain a follow up system for renewals.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored and reinforced.
- Assist Administration and Liaison Coordinator in administration related issues at the Country office.
- Three (3) years of progressive work experience from working as an Admin Officer/Government Liaison position in international organizations.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a solid understanding of behavior change in emergency settings.
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Ability to work independently whenever required
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
The post will be for 12 Months duration with possibility of extension subject to fund
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position
Duty Station: Country Office - Erbil
Due to the urgency of this position, the shortlisting may be done on a rolling basis.
For more information, please find attached the job description