Internship Training for Gender Equality -E-learning Campus
Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women will work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Training Centre (TC) is dedicated to supporting the UN and other stakeholders to realize commitments to gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights through transformative training and learning. Its mission is to become the leading UN Centre that contributes, through training for gender equality, to building a society that respects and promotes human rights for all women and men. The gender capacity-development programmes range from basic and introductory levels to specialized and advanced levels for diverse audiences with different backgrounds. In terms of capacity-development strategies and techniques, the TC makes maximum use of on-line training techniques, paying special attention to e-learning courses and an active learning approach.
The Training Centre also promotes articulation and knowledge exchange among gender training specialists and other relevant groups and the development of tools and materials in the area of training for gender equality. It supports the documentation of existing good practices and innovative processes, as well as discussion and analysis of training methodologies and approaches directed towards contributing to ongoing capacity development as a concrete means for achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The Internship is based in Santo Domingo and Under the direct supervision of the eLearning Analyst, the intern will assist the UN Women team and in various activities on the eLearning Campus and other duties. A workplan with achievements for the duration of the Internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general support to the maintenance of the eLearning Campus (Moodle Learning Manangement System) including online course implementation and revision; monitoring and evaluation reports; update of different sections; review of course packages and translations; among other tasks if necessary.
- Map exisiting innovative tools for online and mobile learning (self paced courses, MOOCs, mobile apps, gamification, etc) that could be easily applied to TC existing and new courses.
- Support the Training Centre in other required tasks.
- Knowledge of types of online and mobile learning management systems.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of CMS, HTML/CSS and/or other relevant programming languages.
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
- Have studies in Gender, Social Sciences, International Development, or other similar subjects at the university level;
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Experience in gender and development; gender studies or the like.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in supporting web-based management systems;
- Experience in working in a web-based environment.
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish and English is required;
- Working knowledge of other UN Official languages is an asset.
- UN Women will not pay for the internship; all the expenses connected with it will be borne by the intern;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The Intern must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan;
- The Intern will not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UN Women during the period of the internship or for the six months immediately following the expiration date thereof;
- The Intern will be personally responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
Once the candidate has been selected, the following additional documents need to be submitted:
- Letter of enrollment from school or proof of (Master’s Programme) graduation if within less than one year;
- Scanned visa document/scanned passport document if no visa is required;
- Scanned medical insurance document.
UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest;Selected applicants must provide the signed internship application, two letters of recommendation, and proof of health insurance and school enrollment, passport, and visa (if applicable