Government Training Advisor
We are looking for a highly qualified to join DDG Tunisia as a Government Training Advisor Consultant.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by vulnerable people affected by conflict and instability all over the world. Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the branch of DRC that focuses on human security programming. DDG strives to identify safety and security needs from the perspective of those living with conflict and to help them find non-violent solutions. These go beyond traditional mine action activities to include Armed Violence Reduction (AVR). AVR programming specifically seeks to engage communities in developing durable solutions to local safety and security challenges.
DRC/DDG has been working in the region in Libya and Tunisia since 2011. In 2014, DDG started a project in border towns in southeast Tunisia to address community security and resilience, aiming to improve relationships between communities and security providers and mitigate the risks facing local youth.
With support from the European Commission and Canada, DDG recently entered a new phase of its programming, and is seeking a qualified Interim Field Administrator to support the projects.
About the job
The overall purpose of this consultancy will be to deliver a training on conflict management to government stakeholders in Tunis. DDG is currently implementing a project on community-based conflict management in border towns in southeast Tunisia. This event will offer Tunis-level officials an opportunity to gain insight into DDG’s work as well as to develop their awareness of frameworks for understanding and analyzing local-level conflict and skills of communication, dialogue, and conflict sensitivity.
The consultancy will consist of approximately 6 days of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review DDG’s conflict management training manual and other relevant resources
- Develop an agenda including appropriate modules and associated materials for the target audience
- Prepare training, including preparation of materials and co-facilitation
- Co-facilitate training sessions for key government stakeholders on topics including 1) Understanding conflict, its dynamics, spillovers effects, causes and escalation; 2) Constructive communication, empathy and collaboration; 3) Tools for dialogue, relationship building and understanding; and 4) Conflict analysis, early warning, and strategy development
- Contribute to workshop reports on key outcomes.
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering trainings
- At least 5 years of experience on issues of conflict management, security, or policing
- At least 5 years of experience working with the Tunisian government and/or security sector
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly collaborative approach
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in social science, political science, or related field
- Tunisian Arabic – required
- Either English or French – required
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 days contract. You must be available to start work from 14th of August and be willing and able to work in Tunis, Tunisia.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 11/08/2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Britt Solan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to Britt Sloan will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-11