ICLA Database Officer (National Position), Kirkuk Office
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the ICLA Database Officer position is to Support the work of the ICLA technical staff through the development and maintenance of an up-to-date ICLA database.
The position will be reporting to ICLA Project Manager (PM)
This position will be based in Kirkuk with some visits to NRC site operations.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university degree in computer science or other relevant field. At least 3 years’ experience working with databases and data collection platforms, including writing of quantitative and/or qualitative reports.Fluency in spoken & written English, Arabic and Kurdish Language. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely and accurate uploading of all data collected by ICLA staff onto the database
- Oversee the operation of the ICLA database and Mobenzi/Kobo data collection software, conducting repairs, updates and improvements as required
- Produce detailed, relevant and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports as requested
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the ICLA team’s data collection methods and tools
- Conduct regular trainings for ICLA staff to improve the quality of the data being collected
- Provide quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, identifying and addressing errors in collection or input
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Produce regular, high quality qualitative and quantitative reports as required
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining large-scale databases
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining mobile data collection platforms. Previous experience of Mobenzi/Kobo strongly preferred
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, SQL, Access etc
- Ability to present complex data clearly
- Rigorous, with high levels of attention to detail
- Able to prioritise competing workloads
- Flexible and creative
The post will be for one (1) year contract duration with possibility of extension- subject to funds.
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary scale
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Kirkuk office with some visits to NRC field offices.
For more information, please find attached the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kirkuk
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-08-13