The overall objective for the trainer is to provide support on the quality of work done by the female embroidery workers working with a local association in Kilis as part of a project that aims to empower women through income generation activities.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by and promote DRC’s code of conduct, vision, and values, aims & objectives and equal opportunities policy.
- Assess progress of implementation, provide solutions and report issues when needed;
- Hold workshops to train workers on the specific embroidery tasks shipped by producers
- Identify the technical needs of embroidery workers to be improved
- Maintain close relationships with workers
- Assure the quality of the products embroidered by hundreds of women
- Do quality checks of the products before shipping the final products to the producers in collaboration with Logistics Assistant
- Work in the centre of the local partner
- Collaborate with other DRC team members and the staff of local partner when needed.
- Complete any other duties or tasks as requested by DRC Senior Livelihood Officer and implementing partner’s coordinator.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least an Institute degree in textile, garment production or any other relevant field
- At least two years of work experience in the related sector
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Commitment to team work
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in delivering trainings in textile related field
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Turkish Language is essential, Arabic is an asset
- You have to hold a Turkish citizenship or residency or valid passport with valid visa (the residency application will be required at the moment of the recruitment)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01.09.2017 and be willing and able to work in Kilis.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15.08.2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kilis
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-15