Programme Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH/GBV), Hpa’an, Kayin State, Myanmar, P-3
UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives; delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. Advancing gender equality and promoting the empowerment of women are key priorities that are newly formulated in the UNFPA Strategic Plan 2018-2021.
UNFPA manages the “Women and Girls First” (2016-2018), which is a large multi-year, multi-donor initiative that provides knowledge and technical leadership in partnership with civil society organisations and a wide range of national stakeholders to advance: gender equality, improving sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services, responding to and preventing gender based violence (GBV) and integrating gender equality and women's rights perspectives into national policies, development frameworks and laws. This aims at achieving improved and strengthened access to justice, increased participation of women in the peace process, and their economic and political empowerment. Focus areas for the Initiative include Rakhine, Kachin and Northern Shan and Kayin, Kayah and Mon States.
Emergency preparedness and humanitarian assistance are integrated in UNFPA’s work in Myanmar and are an important aspect in its proposed fourth country programme (2018-2022). UNFPA, in line with its global strategy, contributes to strengthening national capacity to provide sexual and reproductive health services, gender based violence prevention and response and the use of population and rights-based data in humanitarian settings.
The Programme Specialist will provide technical, operational and coordination leadership to implement UNFPA’s Women and Girls First programme in Kayin, Mon and Kayah States. In addition to working closely with implementing partners to support provision of GBV and SRHR services (response and prevention), the Programme Specialist will work in close collaboration with national authorities, non-state actors, humanitarian and development agencies (UN, NGOs and INGOs) and civil society organizations to provide GBV and SRHR coordination support as well as maintaining international best practices in programme implementation, policy development, advocacy and monitoring and evaluation
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of Masters’ degree in medicine, gender studies, public health, international development, social sciences or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience in SRH programme implementation and service provision including experience in gender/GBV programming.
• Substantive knowledge and practical experience in sexual reproductive health programming in humanitarian and post-conflict recovery settings;
• Knowledge of gender issues in development, particularly regarding SRH and GBV including relevant international human rights standards; and operational and advocacy experience implementing UNSC resolutions on Women, Peace and Security (1325, 1820, 1888, 1889 and 1960) and Youth, Peace and Security (2050);
• Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, and team working skills and ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment.
• Excellent computer literacy (windows environment, MS office applications including Word, Excel and Power-point and Internet skills)
• Experience and capacity in development and delivery of SRH training components to government, NGO, and community level participants
• Knowledge of and experience working in Myanmar would be an advantage
• Fluency in oral and written English essential.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Hpaan
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-08-22