Regional Communications Officer (Graphic Design)
Who are we?
DRC is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in some 40 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region.
About the job
The Communication Officer will be responsible for the layout and design of reports, publications, graphics and other communication materials needed by DRC MENA RO and DRC MENA country offices under the supervision of the Communication Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Layout and design reports, publications, infographics and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution.
- Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Design creative content and graphics for DRC MENA’s social media platforms.
- Maintain a database of all photographs, videos, designs and graphics created by DRC within MENA
- Liaise with designers, printers and other contractors when needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of in-house creative multimedia content and campaigns in various formats: videos, photographs, infographics, interactive online projects, websites and animation projects.
- Assist in the development and roll-out of DRC’s branding guidelines for internal communications, and for the organization as well as its programmes and projects.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least two years of experience in multimedia work, graphic design or visual communication, in an NGO, marketing and PR agencies or media settings.
- Experience in graphic design, publishing and layout
- Experience in the creation of infographics and graphic maps
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, preferably InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and After Effects
- Experience in film, sound and graphics editing preferred
- Experience in web design preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till December 2017 renewable based on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and be willing and able to work in Amman.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.org under Vacancies. This position will be placed at D level for Nationals.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 16 August 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org