Government Liaison Coordinator - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analyses internally and externally as authorized
- Ensure proper filing of all supporting documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, line ministries and etc.
- Systematically build and develop relationships with relevant government agencies.
- Ensure agreement of Memoranda of Understanding (as well as other documentation, including introductory letters, reporting, other correspondence) and their fulfilment by both NRC and corresponding agencies, in a manner in line with principled humanitarian action, in the best interests of our beneficiaries and also our donors
- Manage appropriate translation, documentation and archiving of all correspondence and meeting records with government officials
- Coordinate timely preparation and delivery of financial reports to the Ministry of Economy
- Coordinate preparation of relevant licenses, work permits, and visa applications
- Regularly meet ministry focal points, to support effective inter-organizational communications
- Regularly (or on an ad hoc basis) internally discuss bureaucratic impediments suffered by NRC Area and Field Offices, and follow up issues with respective ministries
- Plan, facilitate or directly conduct advocacy meetings with relevant government officials as necessary
- Monitor legal and policy developments in relevant ministries, and internally share summaries, to support NRC Afghanistan compliance with domestic legislation and guidance. This includes developments on taxation policy, labor law, humanitarian import protocols etc.
- University degree in public or business administration preferred
- 4-5 years experience from working in government relations for a humanitarian organization
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Education title: University degree in public or business administration preferred
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected