Protection Coordinator - National Contract
Protection Coordinator (National Contract)
Kahramanmaraş - Turkey
We are looking for a highly qualified Protection Coordinator for our program in Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long-term focus on social cohesion and resilience building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
In 2016, DRC is implementing a comprehensive protection programme, which includes community-based protection; special needs assistance, case management and protection monitoring components. These component will work with dedicated PM teams, and existing DRC teams, to develop high-quality, evidence-components necessitate a strengthened integration and coordinated planning and implementation in order to deliver a quality, effective, efficiency-based and result-oriented protection response for refugees and displaced people inside Turkey. The PC will enable DRC to maintain a holistic view and synergic roll-out of all protection activities in the assigned duty station, mapping and analyzing protection risks across the displaced population, to better inform protection programming for DRC.
The position will be based in one of DRC’s offices in South-eastern Turkey and will have day-to-day responsibility for: the successful implementation of the protection activities, the overall team management and oversight of protection programme staff; analysis of data (quantitative and qualitative); and coordination with other DRC departments. The position will be line-managed by the Area Manager with technical reporting line to the Protection PM/Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and provide inputs on protection programme development initiatives in coordination with Protection PM/Manager. Propose ideas to program team for review and proactively identify opportunities based on needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Ensure that a protection risk analysis is in place and constantly updated in the area of responsibility.
Project Management and Implementation:
- Oversee daily activities and budget expenditure of Protection activities in accordance with agreed work plans.
Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to DRC, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Ensure confidentiality and data security controls processes are in place and complied with by protection staff.
Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports.
- Identify and advocate opportunities to mainstream protection activities.
- Regularly travel to field sites to ensure activities are on-track and provide technical support to field staff in line with existing protocols and guidelines.
- Follow up and monitor protection budgets;
- Review and authorise programme financial documents, including reviewing vouchers and supporting documentation in line with IDRA;
- Ensure familiarity with DRC’s Operational Handbook;
- Monitor protection risks and needs in projects sites on a regular basis in alignment with project requirements.
- Collaborate with M&E team to ensure monitoring activities are mainstreamed with protection and are technically supportive to ensure protection of vulnerable groups while gathering appropriate and accurate protection data.
- Develop monitoring systems for internal learning and appropriate program adjustments due to new opportunities/challenges;
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring for programme staff, ensuring clarity over programme plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Facilitate regular protection staff meetings to ensure awareness of programme objectives, and opportunity for feedback
Finance, Procurement and Administration
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Team Management & Capacity Building
- Build staff and partner’s capacity on children’s, women’s and refugees protection and safe identification and referral of protection cases (including data management).
- Contribute to new staff on-boarding and staff induction process.
Coordination & Representation
- Support Protection PM/Manager and Area Manager in identifying partnership opportunities and liaising with local NGO partners and CBOs concerning protection activities and project implementation;
- Promote relations and coordinate activities with other humanitarian actors, donors, UN, and civil authorities;
- As instructed by Protection PM and Area Manager, maintain relationships with other NGOs, international organizations, government offices;
- Coordinate with other DRC offices regarding protection to harmonize approaches and reports.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the Protection PM, Area Manager, Head of Program or Country Director.
To be successful in this role, you must have university degree or higher education relevant to law, statistics, social sciences, or related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of proven international experience in field-based protection in humanitarian settings;
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of protection standards and guidelines;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Proven experience in training, including development of training materials;
- Ability to quickly develop good insight and understanding of the conflict, the human rights situation and the political environment of the program country;
- Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal and knowledge of Turkish or Arabic.
Above average computer literacy.
- Excellent writing, analytical and strategic thinking skill, with proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative analyses in organizational planning;
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary;
- Ability to live and work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment;
- Capacity to spark innovative approaches to programming and to inspire groups to collaborate closely to implement high-quality programs;
- Ability to navigate complex situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, frustration and stress in self and others;
- Confident and decisive leadership;
- Desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend DRC’s interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 04 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01 September 2017 and be willing and able to work in Kahramanmaraş.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 16 August 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kahramanmaraş (Turkey)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2017-08-16
Especialista en Genero y Energia para desarrollo del Proyecto Piloto de la Escuela Energetica para la MujerUNV - United Nations Volunteers
Level not specified
Level not specified
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Level not specified
atakora | Bentiu
EXECUTION DES TRAVAUX DE DRAINAGE/IRRIGATION PAR LA METHODE HIMO DES MARAIS TABAC ET KALA DANS LA PROVINCE DE TANGANYIKA, NKOMBO LUZINZI ET KALAMBIFH - Food for the Hungry
Level not specified
Nepalgunj | Washington D.C (Nepal)
Level not specified