MFSS Assistant X4 - National Contract
Multi-Function Safe Space Assistant X4 (National Contract)
Şanlıurfa - Turkey
We are looking for 4 highly qualified Multi-Function Safe Space Assistants for our program in Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more specific objectives focusing both on immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Responsibility (35%)
- Abide by and promote DRC’s code of conduct, vision, and values, aims & objectives and equal opportunities policy
- Engage with beneficiaries on a daily basis in a respectful manner
Represent the DRC protection team when requested
Coordination and follow-up responsibilities: (40%)
- Understand and follow up on activities, provide solutions and report issues when needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and members and partnering organisations
- Follow DRC Standard Operation Procedures for vulnerability assessment and assistance
- Refer protection cases to relevant partners; including updating relevant databases on referrals and feedback
- Implement awareness raising/community mobilisation/behaviour change activities and support the development of relevant curricula and messaging in coordination with other DRC teams
- Undertake outreach activities and informative sessions on DRC/partner services to target groups and record feedback (comments, suggestions)
- Support implementation of partners (sub-grantees, community based organisations and community committees)
- Conduct CC/MFSS activities (life skills sessions, outreach activities, awareness raising sessions, recreational activities, etc.) in close collaboration with the senior staff, other DRC protection teams, partnering organisations, community committees, and other relevant stakeholders
- Encourage and facilitate participation of beneficiaries in the planning, execution, and evaluation of activities
- Advise and assist beneficiaries about DRC services and schedules upon completion of relevant forms/needs assessment
Prepare and update the timetable and work plan for MFSS activities with Officer
Human resources responsibilities: (5%)
On the job training and coaching of volunteers on different topics but prioritizing: minimum protection standards, consent and confidentiality standards and how to work with community based protection strategies
Financial/Administrative responsibilities: (5%)
Assess procurement needs in coordination with the Officers and Senior Field Management
Monitoring and Reporting responsibilities: (15%)
- Contribute to community service monthly report
- Propose new activities according to identified needs in the community
Participate in the post-assistance monitoring
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you must have University degree or advances training/ course in sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field is preferred
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 1-year work experience (in paid or voluntary capacity) in NGO or voluntary sector
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic. English and/or Turkish is preferred.
- Experience in conducting community outreach and mobilisation
- Trained in offering psychosocial support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
Arabic Language essential (Turkish and English are an asset).
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills,
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 04 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01 September 2017 and be willing and able to work in Şanlıurfa.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 16 August 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-16