SVN 2017/151 (P) - Project Coordinator (Community Stabilization) (P2) - Jakarta, Indonesia
Position Title Project Coordinator (Community Stabilization)
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 20 August 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Project Manager overseeing the Emergencies and Community Stabilization Unit (ECSU), and in close collaboration with other programmes/units and relevant sub-offices of IOM Indonesia in order to ensure timely implementation of the projects and programme activities, the successful candidate will provide support in the coordination of projects under the ECSU. S/he will guide relevant project staff on project implementation and result delivery as well as identify new project areas and initiatives to expand programme interventions in the field.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and assistance to the management of the projects on Community Policing initiatives and Disaster Management efforts. Follow up on logistical and administrative arrangements, cooperate with national and international authorities, provide information and assist with arrangements required for the recruitment of project staff.
2. Monitor the overall development and implementation of the project modalities: draft projects documents and budget revisions; monitor specific aspects of project implementation, identify problems and propose action to expedite the delivery of inputs according to activities schedules and work plans. Design and adapt quantitative and qualitative research tools and mechanisms Page 1 / 3to monitor performance and evaluate project implementation. 3. Draft agreement/contract templates and portions of standard operating procedures for projects and projects’ implementation partners. Follow-up on financial management, reporting and monitoring systems for implementing partners, analyse progress and implementation reports, and identify and document significant project events, decisions, problems or deviations. 4. Maintain relationships with the stakeholders in this programmatic field, and promote understanding of and funding for IOM’s activities, including through the drafting of specific components of projects proposals. Liaise with donor and relevant stakeholders on a routine basis, and as required.
5. Solicit feedback from staff and project partners and feedback to the Head of ECSU for programme improvement to ensure effective and efficient project delivery. 6. Contribute to strategic planning of the ECSU exploring opportunities in all relevant thematic areas through networking with related units/ partners on the national/ local level. 7. Compile all required projects reports, routine and exceptional, and donor required reports. 8. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in project management, project administration and budget monitoring; • Experience in working with government officials in Indonesia; preferably in Indonesian eastern region;
• Demonstrated ability to draft concept notes, projects proposals and donor reports; • Experience in field-based disaster risk reduction (DRR) and disaster risk management (DRM) capacity building for national and sub-national government.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
Page 2 / 3• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 20 August 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 07.08.2017 to 20.08.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/151 (P) - Project Coordtr (CommunityStabilizatn)(P2)-Jakarta, Indonesia (55140703) Released
Posting: Posting NC55140718 (55140718) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Social studies
- Closing Date: 2017-08-20