Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager - Syria
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
In the Middle East, NRC has over 3000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its sixth year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside of Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both massive and widespread.
Our Ideal Candidate:
For this position we are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a senior manager, implementing ICLA programming in a humanitarian/ recovery context. We are particularly looking for an individual with knowledge of the context in Syria. English fluency is also essential.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Participate in relevant project start-up, progress review, and closing meetings
- Ensure accurate and consistent development and implementation of ICLA case management and M&E tools
- Ensure the development and implementation of a capacity building plan for the ICLA team including a learning by doing component
- Ensure the fruitful and constant integration of ICLA activities with the other CCs in the area office
- Actively participate in relevant humanitarian coordination meetings particularly those related to housing, land and property and the protection and shelter sectors
- Actively promote and operationalize synergies between ICLA and other NRC programmes and relevant humanitarian organizations
- Ensure the support of the ICLA team in any legal matter involving NRC offices, activities and staff in South Syria, including preparation of contracts and agreements
- Support the development of Whole of Syria legal research and tools
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Area Manager or ICLA Specialist
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 12 months
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Legal - Broad
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: