Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of M&E Officer in Madaba for the GIZ project. The successful candidate will fulfill M&E responsibilities including, but not limited to support to partner assessments, assessment monitoring (shadow visits), cash for work monitoring activities, general satisfaction monitoring and endline surveys, in order to ensure high quality of assistance and continual learning.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
The successful candidate will fulfill M&E responsibilities including, but not limited to support to partner assessments, assessment monitoring (shadow visits), cash for work monitoring activities, general satisfaction monitoring and endline surveys, in order to ensure high quality of assistance and continual learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct comprehensive baseline and endline assessments of all CFW beneficiaries at the household level on a rolling basis to assess the success of the CFW activities and the level of impact achieved;
• Support conducting the baseline assessment and a final evaluation of the JOHUD’s technical capacity according to DRC's global partner capacity assessment tool to measure any improvements;
• Support the M&E Field Coordinator to provide JOHUD with dedicated MEL trainings on processes, mechanisms and tools in relation to the project, to support their capacity to implement a monitoring and evaluation plan for their dedicated activities;
• Support in conducting participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries using a varied suite of tools including information session exit interviews, pre- and post- tests for technical trainings, and participatory feedback forms on trainings to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance;
• Support the development of data collection methodology and tools;
• Regularly undertake field monitoring visits as planned with the M&E Field Coordinator;
• Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with DRC services to the M&E Field Coordinator and relevant program staff;
• Ensure the high quality of data by ensuring the accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information;
• Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timeline;
• Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the M&E Field Coordinator and relevant program staff;
• Work closely with the livelihood team, conducting any monitoring activities for the livelihood projects;
• Support and collaborate with database assistant, to ensure timely and accurate monitoring of CFW daily attendance;
• Build and maintain good working relations with staff from the Madaba team;
• Other tasks as assigned by the M&E Field Coordinator.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• The candidate should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
• Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools such as Kobo collect
• Bachelor Degree in industrial engineering, social sciences, information management or other relevant area
• Knowledge/experience with M&E specifically, information management or accountability. Skilled in all MS Office applications (particularly Excel). Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 20 August 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dadaab
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-08-20