New York City | Washington D.C
Background Information - Job-specific
The SharePoint Specialist will carry out his/her tasks within DFS/ICTD. Under the overall supervision of UNOPS DFS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent will be based in New York and work under the guidance of Service Delivery Manager in NY, and the Information Systems Coordinator at the United Nations Support Base in Valencia (UNSB-V).
The SharePoint Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical advice in support of the ICT strategy for SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure services.
- Develop and promote a comprehensive technical and business governance model for SharePoint applications in preparation for MS online services.
- Develop roadmap for SharePoint hybrid and on premise services in coordination with Office 365 and Azure services as part of overall ICT strategy.
- Provide technical advice and support for the SharePoint platform to Service Delivery Managers (SDMs), architects and customers.
- Provide SharePoint solutions architecture and business domain requirements
- Manage transition planning and support for external solutions to be hosted within the DFS data centre.
- Collaborate with the SharePoint development team to provide architecture support, review of new technologies, research and select 3rd party tools.
- Provide technical advice on improving SharePoint solutions to address issues related to performance and troubleshooting.
- Perform other duties as required.
Professionalism: Strong theoretical background and knowledge of complex and multi-tier IT project and information management. Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities. Problem solving skills critical to analyze and create proper responses and solutions quickly to clients. Ability to engage in multiple projects and business deals to develop approaches to resolve a wide range of issues and problems. Negotiation and persuasion skills to engage stakeholders in providing optimum results. Individual should be detail-oriented, creative, inquisitive, committed, and self-motivated and able to maintain a very high level of confidentiality regarding the projects being conducted.
Client Orientation: Ability to identify and analyze client needs and extract, interpret and format information using technological solutions appropriate to the business needs.
Communications: Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise manner.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, manage competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information technology, computer science, business administration or in field related to the post description.
A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in information and communications technology may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
Microsoft SharePoint certification is highly desirable
- At least 5 years of professional experience in SharePoint
- 5 years of experience deploying SharePoint
- 3 years of experience planning and designing SharePoint farm architecture
- At least one year of the above experience within the United Nations or other inter-governmental organization is required
- Planning and migrating SharePoint sites and applications
- Hands on Experience in managing Office 365 projects
- Stipulate technical and/or business governance
- Experience with SharePoint Developer implementing and modifying Codeplex solutions
- Working knowledge of PowerShell for maintenance administration, solution deployment, and automated installations
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2008/16, DNS, Active directory and VMware virtualisation
- Experience implementing different authentication methods with SharePoint
- Experience with SharePoint Designer
- Familiarity of SharePoint tools such as Nintex, ShareGate, Bamboo and SPDocKit
- Experience with MS Azure cloud services
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with high energy level
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Contract level: P3
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
UNOPS vision is a world where people can live full lives supported by appropriate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, and by the efficient and transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management.
With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
Based in the New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. For example, within the United Nations Development Programme, the Cluster works with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support and the Office of South-South Cooperation.
The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: New York City | Washington D.C
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-08-21