Senior Housing and Infrastructure Officer (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified to fi the position of Senior Housing and Infrastructure Officer.
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
Under the supervision of the HaI Manager in Tripoli (T5), the Senior officer will in charge of Implementing all housing and infrastructure related projects
Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver new and rehabilitated old structures to improve the living conditions for displaced effected of the Syrian crises
• Under the supervision of Housing and Infrastructure Manager, to conduct daily / weekly site visits and monitor ongoing works;
• Mapping of Housing and infrastructure needs in the areas of intervention.
• With the aid of the HaI Manager, conduct visits and meetings with the local authorities to obtain necessary agreements and understanding.
• Implementing all HaI relates activities through all necessary stages (assessment, agreements with landlords, and preparation of tender documents, supervision and hand over).
• Drafting layouts, technical drawings and bill of quantity (BoQ) for potential sites to be rehabilitated/assisted;
• Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with team and stakeholders
• Draft weekly and monthly situation report
• Prepare minor technical reports, notes for the files and narratives etc.
• Follow up and ensure that projects are executed within allocated budgets and in conformance to the set design and specifications Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the HaI Manager
• Managing the team that is under his direct supervision while constantly building their capacity.
• Conducting trainings for HaI related activities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Three years of professional local experience in site supervision and construction works execution, experience in non-governmental organizations
• Experience to in preparing specifications and BOQs;
• Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
• Demonstration of Technical and design capabilities is a plus.
Ideally, you will also have a NGO experience
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until the end of the year, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from September 2017 and be willing and able to work in Tripoli.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C+1 equivalent to 1850 USD per month.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 31 August 2017. The interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis.
Please note that applications sent directly to any of DRC staff will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-08-31