International Consultant - Partnerships and Resource Mobilization for India Multi Country Office & the Afghanistan Country Office
Tome (United States of America)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Consultant will work on development of UN Women’s strategic partnerships and resource mobilization in the India Multi Country Office located in New Delhi and the Afghanistan Country Office located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Under the supervision of the Representative for India MCO and Country Representative a.i., for the ACO, the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Consultant will provide technical support to the development and management of UN Women’s strategic partnerships and relationships, and resource mobilization strategy, as well as enhance resource mobilization capacity in the Multi-Country Office (MCO) and the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO).
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the development of UN Women’s strategic partnerships in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Oversee the relationships with key partners; provide substantive technical inputs to senior management’s efforts at the country level to develop new and innovative partnerships;
- Set and monitor annual priorities, goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for partnerships;
- Provide substantive technical support the drafting and review of partner-specific Framework Arrangements and Cost Sharing Agreements; and the preparation of brief funding proposals and concept notes;
- Provide strategic advice to both countries on building and maintaining partnerships and positioning with potential donors.
- Advise both countries on the design and implementation of effective advocacy strategies and methods for proactive and strategic targeting of partners and donors.
Oversee resource mobilization strategies and initiatives in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Oversee the development and implementation of differentiated, donor fund-raising strategies, aligned and coordinated with country-level activities initiatives and outreach activities;
- Oversee the development of targeted products and initiatives to mobilize programmatic resources and attract additional donors’ funding;
- Provide technical support to the development of project proposals in line with the UN Women’s strategy and the interest of donors;
- Identify opportunities to secure additional non-core resources;
- Oversee ad-hoc donor studies, research, and other activities to identify funding opportunities; update the resources mobilization strategy as needs emerge.
Build trust and maintain effective relationships with donors in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and other senior managers in the preparation of missions, meetings and other consultations with donors, including the preparation of notes, briefs and other materials;
- Act as a direct entry point for donors, building institutional relationships;
- Provide regular donor intelligence.
Promote the submission of high quality and timely reports to donors in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Promote compliance with the terms of grants and agreements, across the region;
- Provide substantive technical support to programme managers for the preparation of high quality and timely donor reports;
- Coordinate with the programme units for the collection of information and preparation of results-based reports for external constituencies.
Strengthen internal resource mobilization capacity in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Advise and support the offices on resource mobilization procedures and guidelines as well as funding modalities;
- Facilitate partnership resource mobilization training to program staff and managers based in both countries including the development of tools and products.
Oversee knowledge building and sharing and advocacy efforts in the India Multi Country Office (MCO) & the Afghanistan Country Office (ACO):
- Oversee the development of knowledge products and mechanisms to effectively position UN Women in the region;
- Share knowledge and enhance organizational learning among UN Women offices through the development and use of on-line tools, templates, tips, mechanisms and guidelines;
- Monitor emerging issues that could affect partnerships and resource contributions at the national or regional levels (risk management).
- Refine existing RM strategies in each office. Present new strategies based on current prospects for each office;
- Research, Development and negotiation of proposals for funding for both countries, including follow up correspondence, donor briefings and collaterals such as donor bulletins;
- Supervise and coordinate preparation and submission of all donor reports in India MCO & ACO during the period of the consultancy;
- Prospect research and donor development reports in each country;
- Develop proposals for funding from potential donors.
Core Values / Guiding Principles:
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organisation and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
Work in teams:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing:
- Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
- Strong knowledge of gender equality and women's rights issues;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with government representatives of Member States (donor and programme);
- Proven networking skills, and ability to mobilize support on behalf of UN Women;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of UN system and familiarity with inter-governmental processes;
- Excellent IT skills, including databases, extranet and office software packages;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women's studies, or a related field is required.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, communications/ advocacy, and/or business development;
- Experience in gender equality and women's empowerment;
- Experience working with civil society organizations, international institutions and donors;
- Experience working in the UN system or other international agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is desirable.
Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- Interested candidates are requested to kindly submit CV along with the expected financial remuneration for this assignment and a completed P11 form.
- UN Women will directly cover the costs of travel and associated daily subsistence allowance in accordance with the corporate policy.
Please note the following important information:
- UN Women cannot consider applications without a completed P11, which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs; Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- System will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document;
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.