Communication and Knowledge Management (CKM) Officer
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Communication and Knowledge Management (CKM) Officer The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a highly talented Communication and Knowledge Management Officer to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a major regional sweetpotato research project through communication and knowledge management.
The Center: CIP (http://www.cipotato.org) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research- for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
The position: The CKM officer will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The officer will report to the Project Manager of the Sweetpotato Action for Security and Health in Africa (SASHA) Project.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following: Duties and Accountabilities:
• Manage and popularize the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and selected social media • Manage monthly distribution of updated information on the Knowledge Portal to users • Strengthen and coordinate information and knowledge for the sweetpotato community of practice
• Assist in the development and implementation of CKM strategies and activities to support CIP’s sweetpotato teams and their partners in SSA.
• Assist in the organization of major meetings and events related to SASHA and the preparation of minutes
• Coordinate the preparation of summaries, press releases, fact sheets, media kits etc. of key SASHA events
• Facilitate the documentation of SASHA’s experiences, achievements and lessons learned and the sharing of findings with relevant target groups, assisting in the editing of documents and the coordination of any graphics/formatting work.
• Develop videos of new technologies & audio-based slide shows
• Collaborate with data management team in appropriate documentation and archiving of communication and knowledge outputs.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing or a science-related area. • Three years of professional experience in developing and implementing CKM strategies or exemplary communications results in fewer years.
• Demonstrated experience working with websites and other communication forums. • Strong and effective use of social media skills.
• Skills in database management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Good skills in photography, with video skills desirable. • Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
• Proactive approach, with ability to find creative ways to solve problems.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English, working knowledge of
Portuguese and Kiswahili desirable.
• A Kenyan citizen
Conditions: The employment contract will be for a two-year term (with a three months’
probation period) with the possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s
professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 30 August, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-08-30