Communications Analyst SUSTAIN
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and conduct of communications needs assessment for the Public Relation Bureau of the Supreme Court and for SUSTAIN Project implementation;
- Drafting/editing communications and outreach strategy based on corporate communications strategy and consultation with donor and technical assistance recipient;
- Develop strategy to integrate advocacy and communications strategies into all aspects of SUSTAIN Project during activity formulations;
- Improvement of judicial system perception by court users and civil society representatives through the development, jointly with the relevant bureaus and officials of the Supreme Court, of a public relation strategy aiming at improving the image of the judiciary and the courts;
- Establishment of a network of contacts with media and civil society organizations (CSOs) to facilitate dissemination of information on Supreme Court ongoing reform initiatives;
- Implementation of SUSTAIN Project’s publications strategy and plan, based on corporate publications policy and donor requirements;
- Coordination and management of SUSTAIN Project publication activities such as content management, norms for publishing, design , etc.;
- Contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production and ensure publications dissemination.
- Establishment of close contact and coordination with the Supreme Court website team, assessment of their potential needs for support and provision of such;
- Supervision of the design and maintenance of the project’s website based on corporate requirements in cooperation with Country Office’s ICT staff;
- Preparation of the content for the website to ensure consistency of the materials;
- In coordination with Country Office Knowledge Management develop knowledge management strategy and ensuring awareness among the project staff on the KM strategy
- Act as facilitator role in the project to capture best practices, capitalize on lesson and learns and respond to network queries , create a knowledge map systematically and actively promote knowledge sharing as well as learning culture in the project office .
- Promotion and maintenance of public information campaign on activities/outputs of ongoing reforms of the judiciary as supported by SUSTAIN project activities;
- Packaging and submission of project initiatives for donor review in collaboration with project’s staff and supervisor.
- Maintenance of increased coverage and understanding of the ongoing judicial reform progress in the Supreme Court and its subsidiary courts through regular media contacts and provision of newsworthy information to court users, judicial system stakeholders, public at large and, where possible, donors;
- Organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.;
- Ensured access for journalists to subject matter experts;
- Contributing to the extent needed and possible, to the drafting of regular newsletter by Supreme Court JRTO;
- Drafting/producing of regular information updates/newsletter on SUSTAIN activities, plans and results;
- Contribution to the preparation of SUSTAIN regular reports to UNDP management and donor.
- Effective responses to inquiries from public or other stakeholders on ongoing judicial reform initiatives and results.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Networking skills and capacity to enlist support of counterparts and creating champions;
- Self-assurance in public speaking contexts;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating judicial reform and SUSTAIN Project’s mandate;
- Identifies and communicates best ways to publicize reform policies and results of reform initiatives;
- Collects and formats data on accountability compliance by Mahkamah Agung and subsidiary courts.
- Assesses and analyzes Public Relation Bureau performance and provides inputs on possible improvements;
- Provides comparative analysis of foreign judicial institutions and courts best practices of public relations;
- Prepares jointly with Public Relations Bureau leadership an Action Plan to enhance public image of the judiciary in the media;
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into SUSTAIN project work;
- Researches linkages across other justice-related programme activities to identify critical points of possible coordination and/or integration and synergies;
- Monitors and reports in close liaison with SUSTAIN Project M&R Officer specific stages of SUSTAIN Project implementation.
- Develop success stories from all working sectors according to the required template
- Microsite management including content and photos development
- Provision of social media content for both the EU and UNDP social media accounts according to each account’s preferences
- Builds and maintain network of contacts with media to build result-oriented partnerships supportive of judicial reform agenda;
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners –including other donors’ judicial sector Technical Assistance initiatives— and other stakeholders of the Indonesian justice system.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of promoting judicial reform within the judiciary and with justice system stakeholders;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches for communicating judicial reform results and achievements as well as their impact on people’s interaction with the justice system.
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of advocating and promoting judicial reform;
- Documents and analyses innovative PR strategies and new approaches.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for SUSTAIN Project’s goals for a variety of audiences;
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience at national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy for candidates with Master Degree and 7years for candidates with Bachelor Degree;
- Experience in managing media and campaign;
- Strong knowledge and experience in Public Relations and Communications management are essential
- Substantive knowledge as well as practical experience in knowledge management concepts and tools would be preferable.
- Demonstrated experience of monitoring and producing high quality report will be essential. Ability to link the specific references to actual impact of judicial reform initiatives supported by SUSTAIN would be preferable.
- Experience in successfully establishing and management community of practice in development areas is preferable
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be highly desirable;
- Prior experience in Technical Assistance project with Mahkamah Agung or other stakeholders of the justice system would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical skill and advance computer skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Familiar with Indonesia judicial reform agenda and current political situation would be an advantage;
- Good inter-personal and team building skills;
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential;
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Female candidate, individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description,
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract - Junior level
- Closing Date: 2017-09-11