Rapid Response Mechanism Officer (National Position), Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) officer position is day to day implementation of the RRM Project. The duty of the RRM Officer is to ensure adherence with the NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
RRM officer will be reporting to RRM coordinator.
The position will be based in Hamam Al Alil- Nineveh.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A college or university degree is required in social science or any relevant fields. The candidate should have minimum 2 years experience as a distribution officer in NGO in humanitarian/recovery, complex or volatile contexts. The candidate must speak and write English and Arabic fluently while Kurdish is plus.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Participate in the recruitment of Project Assistants and incentive staff
- Supervision and management of field staff including work development planning and performance management review and staff leave management.
- Vehicle movement planning according to weekly work plans and acting as head of mission on field trips.
- Raise procurement requisition as per procurement and spending plans 5. Develop weekly work plans as per the overall implementation plans
- Leading field teams in implementing RRM activities as pre donor guidelines and agreed standard operating procedures.
- Daily and weekly Reporting of project activities
- Liaise with community leaders, local authorities and security forces to enable access of field teams in the areas of operation.
- Responsible for the security of the staff in the field and reporting of any security incident during field work.
- Ensure protection mainstreaming in implementation of RRM activities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good understanding of the political context in Iraq, with focus on conflict zones.
- Experience working with NFI and cash distributions in an NGO.
- Good distribution organization and crowd control.
- Experience with conducting multi sectorial needs assessments; experience with mobile data collection tools
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
The post will be for four (4) months contract duration with possibility of extension- subject to funds.
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office with some visits to NRC field offices.
For more information, please find attached the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ali Sabieh
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-09-24