ICLA Officer (only open for Afghan nationality) - Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Provide information, counseling and assistance to displaced affected people in accordance with the applicable laws and procedures, and protection principles including timely and appropriate follow-up, referring or loading appeals etc.;
- Remain updated on tendency and current situation of persons of concern in south region of Afghanistan;
- Liaise with governmental and nongovernmental organizations to create and maintain a network of organizations to which returnees and IDPs protection concerns can be referred;
- Regularly conduct community visits and community sensitization.
- Identify problems being faced by returnees both before and after return, and record the experiences of returnees by visiting borders, returnees/IDPs camps or settlements and encashment centres;
- Accurately register cases in database and prepare relevant documents.
- Relevant documents should be collected within the same months of registration as well as case histories, actions should be written on a daily basis, and case closing sheets by middle of next month;
- Case histories, add actions, case closing sheets or any other documents should be written by computer;
- Maintain and update hard and soft copy files of documents accordance of NRC soft and hard filling system;
- Prepare weekly plan, weekly report, monthly report, tentative mission plan or any other report if required;
- Represent NRC in external and internal meetings and promote exchange of information with relevant external actors, therefore should be updated on all NRC core competency activities;
- Respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients;
- Report any issue/concern to immediate superior if required. (report will remain confidential) .
- Any other reasonable tasks as instructed by immediate superior.
- Holding valid university degree on in law/ sharia faculty
- At least 3 years work experience as a humanitarian worker in Legal section with any NGOs.
- Work experience as a humanitarian worker in Legal section with any NGO or GO.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- English knowledge and skill.
- Work experience in relevant area. Preferable experience of working in field of law with clients (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies);
- Work experience with national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset);
- Work experience with IDPs and refugees;
- Education title: Holding valid university degree on in law/ sharia faculty
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected