We are looking for a highly qualified Candidate that is interested in being a vital part of our Community Driven Recovery and Safety team.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450-national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
The Cash and Distribution supports and contributes to the organization and implementation of all distribution activities.
a) Reports to: HoO – Tikrit/, Tikrit Cash and Distribution Manager Technical management, Cash and Distribution Team leader.
b) Subordinates: Field Assistants- Cash and FI & NFI Distribution.
- NFI Distributions, Cash and vouchers:
Attend all cash and FI & NFI distribution activities, mainly:
• Collect beneficiary data and modify as per the DRC selection criteria, add to beneficiary database and profiles Modify or add data to beneficiaries profile;
• Register assisted beneficiaries in distribution list;
• Conduct ad hoc surveys as directed by Manager;
• Deal with complaints or issue related to Cash/voucher and FI and NFI distribution through distribution hotline (Hawala and locals partners);
• Assess potential locations for distributions respecting DRC guidelines in consultation with Tikrit HoO and Cash and Distribution Manager;
• Report on unmet needs and gaps in FI,NFI and Cash distributions to your Manager;
• Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as directed by Team Leader and Cash and Distribution Manager;
• Participate in assessments, selection and training to volunteers and distribution workers;
• Manage conflicts when they arise and possible solutions.
Conduct bilateral interviews and/or focus group discussion with vulnerable displaced households in order to identify specific and refer cases with specific needs ; Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities; Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support; Refer protection cases when identified to the child protection/protection team
Monitor and evaluate on going distribution and cash/voucher activities and report on unmet needs and gap.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
Essential qualities and experiences:
• 2 years of NGO/UN field experience in a similar position.
• Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
• Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
• Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organisations and Local Governments.
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
• Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of refugee/IDP crisis.
• Analytical Skills
• Planning Skills
• Teamwork Skills
• Initiative (proactive)
• Result-oriented and Accountability
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
a) Maximum purchasing approval: N/A
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 15 October 2017 and be willing and able to work in Tikrit.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28 September 2017. The interviews are expected to take place 3 October 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo