Project Team Leader (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified canadidate who has the experience and qualifications to join DRC as Project Team Leader.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
Support a short-duration research project within migrant populations in Tunis. The goals of the Team Leader are to help recruit research assistants, facilitate training, provide logistical support and assistance to field data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Successful completion of training modules as outlined by the Project Coordinator.
• Oversee successful completion & upload of 2 to 4 migrant interviews by each research assistant everyworkday. Excellent leadership would be demonstrated through quality results, rather than quantity.
• Daily communication with Project Coordinator. More frequent communication may be requested depending on need. Written support will also be provided to the Project Coordinator.
• Provide logistics support to research assistants
• Ensure that each research assistant applies training properly.
To be successful in this role you must have: Completed university baccalaureate in social sciences: sociology, anthropology, psychology, economics, and demography. Prefer advanced degree.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Demonstrated experience working with youth and migrants
• Excellent interpersonal skills: calming manner, sociable, can influence people and establish a rapport quickly
• Understanding of smartphone applications, including android-based smart phone settings and applications
• Able to solve problems quickly and efficiently while maintaining positive atmosphere of support
• Demonstrates empathy for research assistants and works alongside each assistant for at least one interview per week
• English – Fluent (reading, writing, typing, speaking)
• Arabic – Fluent (reading, writing, typing, speaking)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 2 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from October 2017 and be willing and able to work in Beirut with frequesnt tranvel to the field.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B+, monthly basic salary: 1493 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3rd of October 2017. The interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Dolene Khairallah at email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Level not specified
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2017-10-03