Legal Aid Officer - Attica - National Contract
- Work in close cooperation with the protection legal aid officer and the protection teams in Attica and with our legal aid partners and thereby continuously monitor and document the needs of the persons of concern.
- Identify cases in need of legal aid to be referred.
- Handle identified cases according to the needs.
- Collaborate with legal aid partners to provide individual counselling and information about international protection, including access to asylum.
- Provide individual counselling and legal assistance to Persons of Concern in administrative procedures regarding issuing birth certificate, tax number, work permit and the like.
- Provide legal info-sessions regarding the asylum procedures, rights and obligations of an asylum seeker or other relevant legal topics.
- Monitor and analyze the legal procedures for advocacy purposes.
- Provide legal aid statistics.
- Document case studies, best practices and lessons learned from each of the activities implemented .
- Any other duties as may be assigned, relevant to the achievement of Protection objectives.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Law degree and relevant experience with refugee/migration law and humanitarian law
- Lawyers’ license is an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek skills.
- At least three years working experience in a related field; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
- Strong computer skills
- High professional ethics
Qualities and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Greek (advanced written and spoken)
- English (advanced written and spoken)
Terms and Conditions
The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Attica (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3-months duration contract, subject to funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including
the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
Interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Applications close on the 30th of October 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Athens
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2017-10-30