Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor, Youth Engagement Program, West Bank and Gaza
Gaza | Tel Aviv
FHI 360 seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor for for the upcoming Youth Engagement Program in the West Bank working with community-based organizations and government institutions. Activities will focus on engaging youth in their communities and building opportunities for dialog between government and constituents.
The MEL Advisor, based in Ramallah, will oversee all project MEL activities, including MEL system design and implementation, and technical assistance provision to other project stakeholders as necessary. S/he will be a senior member of the project management team and be responsible, along with the Chief of Party, for overall technical quality of the project.
- Design and develop the project MEL system including establishing key output, outcome, and impact indicators for the program
- Develop systems for timely collection, management, analysis and reporting of valid and reliable data that meets donor reporting requirements
- Support data analysis and use data to promote evidence-based programming and provide timely feedback in relation to project targets, work plan activities and objectives, and addressing gaps in programming.
- Support key project research related to MEL findings and analysis
- Design and implement key project assessments in partnership with other technical staff and project partners
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results
- Conduct regular review of the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) for relevance, quality, and compliance with donor requirements
- Provide technical assistance and training to project partners to strengthen their MEL system to provide quality monitoring and reporting of results
- Work with the Communications staff to identify best practices for documentation such as success stories, technical reports, or peer reviewed publications
- Oversee M&E support staff
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills
- At least 8 years of experience in MEL or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in measuring, monitoring, and evaluating education, community engagement, civic engagement and participation, and/or youth programming
- Experience developing, implementing, and adapting Activity Monitoring and Evaluation plans
- Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies and strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with Palestine’s education, community engagement, and youth stakeholders strongly desired
- Computer skills, including MS Office, SPSS, Access and Excel.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor staff and partner organizations
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience working and reporting MEL results to USAID and/or other donors
- Advanced degree required
- English and Arabic fluency required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Gaza | Tel Aviv
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Education, Learning and Training
- Banking and Finance
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-01-05