PMO Analyst (Internal Candidates only)
Background information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Background Information - Job-specific
1. Project Management
2. Administrative Support
1. Project Management
- Create and maintain project documentation – project plans, schedules, status reports, change requests etc.
- Prepare external and internal project status reports
- Support project initiation and closure
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to ICT personnel on all aspects of PMO processes
2. Administrative Support
- Create and maintains project and management budgets
- Provide logistical and substantive support for unit events, trainings and workshops
- Coordinate and organize meetings and interviews, taking minutes for information, action and follow-up as appropriate
- Coordinate procurement processes including preparation of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Request for Quotation documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation and processing of Purchase Orders
- Administration and monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine administration aspects
- Collaboration in the preparation and maintenance of ICT budgets
- Contribute to the implementation of the ICT Communications Plan
- Management of the ICT Intranet page
- Responsible for the ICT blog, consolidating and posting engaging and relevant information
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Resource Management, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in an operational role is required, including experience administering project budgets.
- Minimum 2 years of ERP experience is required
- PRINCE2® Foundation or equivalent is an asset
- Strong analytical skills are required
- UNOPS procurement experience is required
- The successful candidate is one who demonstrates a service minded approach, possesses good communication skills, good IT understanding, has the ability to learn, and works as a team player
Full working knowledge of English is essential.Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: I-ICA 1
Contract duration: 1 year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.