UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In undertaking its mandate of supporting the promotion and protection of women’s human rights (WHR) in conflict and post conflict situations, UN Women Multi-Country Office for the Maghreb seeks to advance gender equality in the democratic transition underway in Tunisia
Reporting to National Programme Officer in Tunisia, the Administrative and Finance Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administration and operations support to the Tunisia Office in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management monitoring;
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Support to management of the country office budget preparation and administration
- Verify and present thoroughly researched information and data for use in the planning of financial resources and the formulation of country office work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities
- Input data in Atlas for new grants in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and monitor status.
- Verify accuracy and relevancy of the supporting documents for payments.
- Implement control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status. Track and report on program and operational financial resources
- Review accounts receivables for UN Women projects and follow-up with project managers and finance section at headquarters on contributions, deposits creation in Atlas and their application to AR pending items;
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers and together be fully satisfied before making next installment;
- Manage petty cash fund, cash imprest level and other temporary GL accounts, ensuring accuracy and transparency in use and reporting;
- Prepare timely VAT reimbursements with adequate documentation support;
- Provide information for the audit of projects and implementation of audit recommendations.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources
Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset
- Fluency in French, English and Arabic is required
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.