GBV EXPERT - SENIOR POSITION
Gender Based Violence (GBV) Expert
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary organization. We work for the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded communities and believe in life before death. In Bangladesh, we are involved in development, and Humanitarian response and Disaster Risk Response. The DCA Bangladesh invites applications from qualified and competent candidates for following position for Rohingya Refugee Program. This is an international position.
- GBV Expert - 1
This is a very senior position. The experienced Gender Based Violence (GBV) Expert will provide the technical inputs within the field of GBV in Rohingya Refugee Program and ensure that interventions are technically sound, take into account international best practices, and are appropriately meeting the needs of adolescent girls and women in the targeted Rohingya sites. S/he will develop effective and inclusive protection mechanisms that promote a coherent, comprehensive and coordinated approach to GBV including prevention, care support recovery and perpetrator accountability.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the strategy for the GBV response to the Rohingya crisis in Cox’s Bazar.
- Lead the GBV prevention and response programming, supporting and empowering partners and DCA staff to creative, effective and comprehensive programming
- Assist in overall project development and implementation of the program.
- Follow-up the implementation of GBV activities and ensure the quality through regular monitoring and technical support, data collection and management
- Contribute to the mapping of all actors responding to GBV and develop a strong network.
- Coordinate the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with partners, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders
- Identify the capacity building needs of staff and partner’s teams and organize trainings
- Participate to the GBV sub sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts
- Contribute to reports, sitrep and to the preparation of new proposals.
- Provide technical support on the design of services and activities in the women safe spaces and support DCA staff and partner organisation through training, hands-on service delivery, and monitoring
- Conduct and facilitate trainings for partners and DCA staff on relevant GBV topics as appropriate.
- Build capacity of DCA staff and local partners to ensure a reliable M&E system for better GBV data management, and ethical GBV data collection and information management
- Hands-on experience with service delivery in psychosocial support, training, case management, etc
- Provide technical support to ensure program quality, inclusive of regular technical monitoring of case management and PSS services under the program
- Supervise GBV coordinator and other relevant staff.
- Support partners and key actors to adopt internationally recognized best practices, proven tools, methodologies on GBV, working collaboratively to ensure their relevance for the context and successful implementation
- Ensure procedures that systematize how GBV is implemented and coordinated at the field level.
- Prepare report, case studies, concept notes, and proposal development
- Master’s degree in Gender or Women’s Studies
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant national/international experience, including substantial management experience in gender-based violence/ protection programming and experience in direct service provision for survivors of sexual and domestic violence. GBV experience and skills must include case management, psycho-social support, counselling, as well as proven track record in establishing GBV and protection processes and procedures in a refugee setting.
- Regional and International level relevant experience will add value.
- Experience in program management and in GBV programming and implementation
- Previous GBV experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Demonstrated experience in planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in English is required
Only online applications consisting of as a minimum a CV and a cover letter will be considered.
Please mention your expected level of salary in the cover letter.
DCA promotes equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages them to apply for these posts within DCA.