Internship Programme for Communication Unit
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.” UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Provision of support for activities with key medias
- Researching and collecting information for UNDP’s communication strategy.
- Provision of support in monitoring of key social events which UNDP can participate.
- Perform any other administrative and logistical tasks assigned by the Communication Associate / Analyst
The intern will undertake the following tasks:
- Provision support in organizing meet and greet sessions between UNDP and key medias and other functions relating to media.
- Provision support in organizing a data base of key contacts in the media.
- Support and assisting in conducting media monitoring and highlighting potential topics/ issues which UNDP can take part of.
- Support the website content of UNDP, collecting information and preparation for UNDP websites.
- Support the organization in for the preparation of UN day.
- Assisting support in updating content of UNDP social accounts such as twitter and facebook.
- Analysis on media coverage regarding issues related to projects conducted by UNDP.
- A comprehensive list of media contacts.
- Up-to-date content of UNDP social accounts.
- Effective support for communication unit.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
Development and Operational Effectivenss:
- Ability to provide basic administrative support services
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in communication, journalistic, or relevant disciplines. For those who have graduated , if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- A clear understanding of media structure in Indonesia including their readership/ viewership and their political agenda.
- A clear understanding of news and current affairs, he/she must be a news junkie and follow the political and social development of the country.
- A genuine interest in social media such as twitter and facebook .
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Computer literate in standard software applications; Power point knowledge is a real plus point.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern's participation in the Programme must be borne by:
- the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students;
- the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.
- Exceptionally be approved for a maximum total duration of 9 months, if the intern can demonstrate it will grant him/her an educational credit for a course
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31