IT Operations Assistant SC-4 (Cox's Bazar)
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based at Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh to support L3 Emergency Operation. Job holders work in a team and are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work.
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff.
3. Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology.
4. Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
5. Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
6. Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
7. With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material such as training documentation and web content, to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Understands technical aspects of own job and applies them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Demonstrates working understanding of existing hardware, software, servers and network management to resolve users’ routine problems using WFP’s established processes and tools.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Academic or professional experience in computer science.
• Has experience resolving level 1 IT issues.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
Experiance: Minimum 2 years of relevent experiance.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months (extendable)
Duty Station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT 77,466.00 net
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 17 April 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.