International Consultant on Green Urban Development Plans Elaboration
UNDP invites to submit proposal for position of International Consultant on Green Urban Development Plans Elaboration (ref ? IC/294/2018), not later than 28.05.2018
Description of the assignment: International Consultant on Green Urban Development Plans Elaboration
Project name: “Belarus: Supporting Green Urban Development in Small and Medium-Sized Cities in Belarus”
Period of services (if applicable): May 2018 – January 2019
24 working days (including 3 missions to Belarus of 11 working days in total)
Proposals for tender ref. number 294/2018 should be submitted to on-line or to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 28 May 2018 (Minsk time).
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the e-mail email@example.com the reference number (294/2018, International Consultant on Green Urban Development Plans Elaboration) in the subject field of the e-mail. We will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
Ref. num. (294/2018, International Consultant on Green Urban Development Plans Elaboration) of the tender should be indicated in the subject field of the e-mail.
All the details about the announced position and application documents can be found here.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main objective is to assist 3 pilot cities: Polotsk, Novopolotsk and Novogrudok (the "Cities") in elaborating of Green Urban Development Plans (GUDP) – integrated green action plans that will comprehensively describe the priorities for the green development of each City in the short- and medium- term, while proposing concrete actions, plans and roadmap that will lead to effectively achieving measurable results.
Detailed information can be found in Annex 1.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in one of the languages (English or Russian) to be proved by diplomas, references or examples of the presentations. Knowledge of written and spoken second language (English or Russian) is an asset.
- The solid knowledge of the state-of-the-art approaches and best international practices, European and other advanced regulations and standards/criteria on the topic of local governance green urban development, practical applications of different local development approaches and techniques proved by at least 5 relevant publications and/or at least 5 evidences in professional experience records;
- Strong report writing skills (to be proved by examples of the reports).
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (at least the Master level) in any of the following fields: urban studies, urban and regional planning and policy, climate mitigation and adaptation, environmental management, sustainable development, land-use, stakeholder and civil engagements, energy and environmental laws and regulations (incl. on urban development, energy, waste, water etc.) or others relevant to the field of urban sustainable development. PhD degree (or equivalent) is preferable and will be considered as an asset.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience related to urban sustainability and working with municipalities and policy making or legislative framework development at both national and local level. Working experience in Belarus and/or any of the CIS countries is an asset;
- Relevant practical experience relating to the similar assignments (consultancy, development) in the field of green/sustainable cities development in international/national projects proved by the respective reports and/or references. Experience in measuring environmental performance and improvements is an asset;
- Experience in elaboration of Green Urban Development Plans/Sustainability plans for cities/Green City Action Plans is desirable and will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in delivering of at least 3 workshops on the issues of action plans development or stakeholders engagement, capacity training on relevant issues to the assignment;
- Working experience of cooperation within international team.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Minsk
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Closing Date: 2018-05-28