Multiple locations (Various)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Animal Health and Production
- Natural Resources
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Security
- Food System and Nutrition
- Partnerships and South-South Cooperation
- Corporate Services
- Provide technical support and the advice to management and staff;
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analyses, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
- Collect, review/cross check and/or analyse relevant agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related data, statistics and information to support delivery of programme projects, products, publications and services;
- Participate on multi-disciplinary project/work teams;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to supports the activities/projects of the Unit;
- Contribute to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of information/ training sessions to management and staff.
- Advanced university degree in a related field to the work of the Organization
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in a related field to the work of the Organization
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Multiple locations (Various)
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Closing Date: