Agricultural Specialists (Various)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAOâs response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAOâs priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organizationâs Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The assignments are in the FAO Regional (Ghana) and Sub-Regional (Ethiopia, Gabon, Senegal and Zimbabwe) Offices or Country Offices within the RAF region.
Global Call Purpose
The purpose of the Global Call is to attract global talent for âConsultantâ and âPersonal Servicesâ assignments as they become available. The Global Call will create a roster of applicants that will be used to identify candidates for these assignments.
The technical areas/profiles covered by the Roster are as follows\:
Depending on the task to be undertaken, the assignment will be on a short-term contract, lasting from several to 100 calendar days, or a long-term contract to 11 months, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and depending on the available financial resources and needs of the Office.
The specialist reports to a Team Leader of the assignment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- For Consultants\: Advanced university degree (Master or its equivalent) in agriculture, plant science, animal science, veterinary science, fishery economics, forestry, agribusiness, food engineering, food technology, economics, agricultural economics, environment, hydrology, land and water resources development, land use management, natural resources management and any area related to the work of the Organization)
- For Consultants/PSA level C\: one to five years of relevant experience in one of the technical areas listed above
- For Consultants/PSA level B\: at least five years of relevant experience in one of the technical areas listed above
- For Consultants/PSA level A\: at least twelve/fifteen years of relevant experience in one of the technical areas listed above
- For Consultants\: Depending on the country of assignment, working knowledge (Level C) of English, French or Arabic and limited knowledge (Level B) of the other (for consultants two languages are required)
FAO Core Competencies
For Consultants/PSA Level A\:
For Consultants/PSA Level B and C
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01