AGRIBUSINESS INVESTMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Investment Centre Division (TCI) promotes investment in food security, nutrition, agriculture and rural development (FSNARD), sustainable natural resource management (NRM) and climate change mitigation and/or adaptation (CCM/A) in developing countries and countries in transition, assisting governments and country stakeholders, main development partners, in particular international financing institutions with the strategic planning and implementation of their investments to achieve growth, poverty alleviation, food security and nutrition goals.
TCI is a multidisciplinary division composed of three regionally-focused services, namely the Africa Service, the Asia and Pacific Service, and the Europe, Central Asia, Near East, North Africa, Latin America and Caribbean Service, as well as FAOâs coordination unit for the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
In Europe, Central Asia and North Africa, TCI cooperates closely with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). The cooperation programme is managed by the TCIC Service and focuses on enabling responsible private sector investment in the agricultural sector. It contributes to the implementation of FAOâs Strategic Programme 4, supporting the emergence of more efficient and inclusive agriculture and food systems.
FAO International Consultants and Call purpose
The purpose of this call is to identify qualified candidates that can contribute to the successful implementation of the FAO/EBRD cooperation, with the range of technical and operational profiles/ specializations indicated below. Proposed assignments can be home-based and entail field missions.
Requested Profiles (or Job Titles)\:
The Investment Operations Expert will work under the overall technical supervision of the Service Chief, TCIC, and the direct supervision of the Senior Economist in charge of the FAO/EBRD cooperation or TCIC Officers in charge of specific FAO/EBRD assignments, in close collaboration with the FAO Representation in the relevant country of assignment.
Provision of technical assistance in support to responsible private agricultural investment in EBRDâs countries of operation, including (i) in-depth analysis of value chains; (ii) policy facilitation fostering improved public private interactions in specific value chains; (iii) targeted technical inputs to enhance quality standards and promote a more efficient use of resources in agrifood value chains; and (iv) operational backstopping of investment support assignments, in accordance with the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Advanced university degree (for consultants) or university degree (for PSA) in economics, agricultural economics, agribusiness, natural resources management, engineering, social sciences, international relations, institutional development, accounting, project management or a related field as appropriate for the specific profile
- At least one year of relevant experience in conducting value chain/agricultural sector analysis and/or supporting the planning, design, implementation of agricultural investment operations, including facilitation of policy dialogue, operational backstopping and knowledge dissemination, in developing countries and/or countries in transition
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for consultants). Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian (for PSAs).
FAO Core Competencies
Terms and Conditions
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact\: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23\:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Banking and Finance
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2018-11-15