HR Assistant - ICA Contract Administration (Multiple positions), Multiple positions
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - GSSC
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and supervision of the Team Lead, the HR Assistant provides support within HR services, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
The work area is within contract administration, Benefits & Entitlements for Individual Contractual Agreements (ICAs).The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit. He/She works in close collaboration with operations personnel in the field offices and with UNOPS HQ personnel to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
· Support in implementation of HR strategies and procedures
· Support in the administration of ICA contracts benefits and entitlements
· Support in the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Support in implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies
2. Support in efficient administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements for ICAs, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to human resources
· Gather and compile data and identify/adjust to discrepancies, as applicable Monitoring and tracking of transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus
· Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes
· Drafting of contracts and processing of separations, outlining the conditions of the agreement/separations for the approval of the supervisor
· Collection, verification and follow-up on required documentation related to benefits, entitlements and contracts
3. Support in the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR
· Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Shares knowledge and experience
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks and duties related to HR, screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data input, transactions tracking, filing, provision of information
· Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
· Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
· Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
· Knowledge of UNOPS HR rules and procedures
· Strong IT skills
Leadership and Self-Management
· Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Experience : 3 years of experience in supporting a human resource management area.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements : Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: LICA-3, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-09