Senior Programme Associate, Chemicals & Waste Management
New Delhi (India)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting project planning, budgeting and implementation of project management activities;
- Supporting techno-scientific matters related to chemical industry environmental management and waste management etc.;
- Working in close coordination with the Country Office procurement Team to support in floating RfPs, contracts, meeting requirements of assets and procurement committee (CAP) and Regional Advisory Committee on Procurement (RACP);
- Supervising project staff/ consultants/vendors and ensure timely submission of required outputs/deliverables;
- Monitoring tenure of the Contracts, deliverables and raise requests for amendments and extensions with approval from Head -Chemicals and Waste Management;
- Technical compliance reporting for disbursement of funds, obtaining approvals and ensuring disbursement;
- Working with the Project Officer to assist and facilitate the Expert Committee(s)/ Head;
- Monitoring and monthly appraisal of funds position and disbursements, as per agreed Work Plans;
- Responsible for maintaining physical files for all the projects and contracts in coordination with Project Officer.
- Preparing financial reports, as per UNDP Rules and Regulations. This includes preparing budget revisions as necessary;
- Provide logistic and administrative support for project activities, events and meetings as required;
- Coordinate with MoEF&CC on a regular basis for exchange of information and document;
- Assist in timely preparation of the physical and financial progress reports for internal and external reviews;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP procedures and policies for audit of DIM projects;
- Undertake other technical/ managerial tasks, assigned from time to time.
- Has relevant academic background, knowledge and experience in project area and keeps abreast with new developments in areas of professional discipline and seeks to develop herself/himself professionally
- Has knowledge of project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work and assignments
- Has experience of using ERP systems and tailor-made report generation to support the project team
- Take initiatives in providing input in the technical matters
Results based management
- Facilitates work planning, alerting those involved of potential obstacles and helping to identify suitable alternatives as needed
- Takes accountability for the delivery of agreed results, good drafting and writing skills
- Ability to work independently if and as required
Building and managing strategic partnerships
- Identifies common interest and goals
- Makes effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen partnerships
- Manage the strategic partnership with Government partners and external stakeholders
- Brings visibility, promotes ideas and develops partnerships to advance the organization’s work
- Recognizes key players in decision making, engaging them and building consensus for final decisions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of client / partner / donor perspective and strives for high quality client-oriented services
- Builds strong relationships with the Project Management Team, operational Team and with the project partners, focuses on impact and result for the project partners and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and ethical behavior
- Displays cultural, behavioral, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Masters degree in Engineering (preferably in Environmental Management) or Masters degree in Finance or Economics
- Minimum total 7 years of post-qualification experience covering
- Experience in project operations and financial management
- Good knowledge of computers in MS Office;
- Managerial experience related to production, environment, chemicals, wastes
- Drafting and Reporting experience
- Experience in supporting IT driven projects
- Project planning, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to deliver high quality results with skills in planning and operational management of projects;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work effectively in a sensitive environment and exercise discretion, impartiality and neutrality;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New Delhi (India)
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Biology and Chemistry
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Waste Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19