Unpaid Intern/ Finance
The UNDP Tajikistan Country Office was selected as the Principal Recipient for implementation of HIV and AIDS grants provided to Tajikistan by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The Global Fund AIDS grants in Tajikistan support the implementation of the National Program to fight with HIV and AIDS for 2017-2020. The grant is aimed at increasing access to preventive activities among key affected population such as: people who inject drugs, commercial sex workers and their clients; men having sex with men and prisoners. One of the main tasks of this project is building capacities to provide stronger leadership of the government on HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment, better cross-sectoral coordination, and continued dialogue between the government and NGOs on central and local levels.
The Programme builds on experience within the country and on the best international practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention and treatment while adapting the interventions to take into consideration the local experience and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control Finance Manager and Finance Associate the intern will support the implementation of the Programme through conduction of research and monitoring of activities, supporting in organization and conduction of the programme activities as well as development of programme documents and review of partner organization`s reports. Depending on the competences and interests of the intern, assignments will include:
- Collect finance related documents, make copying/scanning for archiving;
- Classify and file records away in alphabetical or chronological/ order in the Public folder;
- Assist in the organization of conferences, trainings or other collaborative events;
- Written and oral translation when required;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN/UNDP;
- Computer proficiency in standard software applications (MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modelling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Required Skills and Experience
1. Education: be enrolled in a graduate / undergrad programme (university degree or equivalent, or higher);
2. Field of study: Finance, International relations, Public policy, Economy, Social science;
3. Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in Russian, English and preferably in Tajik;
4. Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organization
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dushanbe (Tajikistan)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20