Team Leader (Camps) National - Myanmar
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Role and responsibilities: The Team Leader is a member of NRC’s Camp Management Team in Rakhine State that provides direct camp management services to Thet Kae Pyin and Maw Ti Ngar camps as well as capacity building and coaching of committees in the camps. They will also reach out to IDPs living outside camps and the host community.
Job descriptionGeneric responsibilities:
1. Assist with the implementation of the support functions in Camp Management according to plan of action
2. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
3. Ensure proper filing of documents
4. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the function
5. Contribute to the fulfilment of the aims and objectives for NRC’s presence in Myanmar.
6. Carry out duties with respect to NRC Mission Statement, Values, Code of Conduct, standards of accountability, policy guidelines and handbooks.
The Team Leader (Camps) will be expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Daily management of the NW Camp Management Team; coordination with other NRC teams
2. Develop work plans in line with strategy and overall project implementation
3. Produce weekly, monthly reports for review and submission by Camp Management PDM
4. Attend both camp-level and Sittwe level coordination meetings and meetings with stakeholders; represent NRC upon request
5. Ensure programming is implemented in line with reporting requirements and M&E matrix
6. Follow up on Logistics, support CM Program Development Manager in budget management and appropriate spending
7. Oversee planning, implementation, and quality control of assessments and monitoring; process raw data to produce initial reports
8. Serve as end responsible for liaison with Camp Committees, Community Groups, and Government representation; facilitating discussion and translation with the CM Program Development Manager
9. Coordinate with service providers on gap filling, arising needs, and referrals
10. Collect and maintain a simple information data base of needs and gaps of IDPs living inside and outside the camps including that of the host community
11. Plan and manage distributions of NFIs (either blanket or specifically to Persons with Specific Needs)
12. Maintain and share data collected regularly in coordination / collaboration with the CCCM Cluster, and other INGOs/ local NGOs.
13. Conduct CCCM training and coaching sessions to camp management committee members in various IDP camps.
Qualifications• Relevant academic background
• Experience from working in development or humanitarian /recovery context; understanding of humanitarian principles and protection mainstreaming basics
• Experience from doing community mobilisation and training required, knowledge of CCCM
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• S/He should be good in English, Rakhine, and Myanmar languages. Some skills in local/Muslim language an advantage. Written English must be good – verbal and written translation skills required.
• Experience from working in insecure environment
• Ability to travel in rural areas
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting
• Willingness to learn and adapt to the fast - changing field dynamics
• Ability to manage a dynamic team
• Knowledge of Excel, Kobo/ODK, basic data analysis
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
Personal qualities• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
We offerContract Period: until 31 December 2018 (with possibility of extension)
Salary/Benefit: 834,750 MMK per month+ 46,500 MMK medical allowance per month
Duty Station: Sittwe, Rakhine State(Travel as required)
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sittwe (Myanmar)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-28