Procurement Consultant Roster (OPR)
|Vacancy Announcement Number||1666|
|Date of Issue||12/08/2018|
|Deadline for Applications||31/12/2018|
|Duration of Assignment||Public Procurement Consultant|
Welcome to the International Fund for Agricultural Development’s (IFAD) Call for Interest for Public Procurement Consultants. We appreciate your interest in working with IFAD to deliver a world in which rural people overcome poverty and achieve food security through remunerative, sustainable and resilient livelihoods.
IFAD is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency that finances investment projects implemented by borrowing/recipient country governments across the world to increase agricultural productivity, raise rural incomes, and contribute to rural transformation.
IFAD is looking for qualified, experienced and motivated public procurement experts to work with IFAD as individual consultants and provide first-rate services to IFAD and the projects it supports.
IFAD’s Public Procurement Consultant Roster serves as an intermediate between qualified public procurement experts interested in working on IFAD consultancy assignments, and regional operational divisions seeking consultation. Please note your application does not imply placement on the roster or an active hiring process. The roster assists regional operational divisions in their search for qualified candidates, based on their needs. Upon identification of consultants with the required profile, regional operational divisions will initiate the hiring process.
Process for placement on the roster
Applicants that meet the qualification and experience requirements indicated below will be invited to take a written assessment. The assessment consists of multiple choice questions, some of which case study based. Applicants will be informed if they pass or fail the assessment. Successful candidates will be reference checked, and upon positive outcome of such checks, they will be placed on the roster, and will be informed accordingly.
Rostered consultants may be contacted for assignments. Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications, experience and skills as well as the nature and complexity of the assignment.
IFAD is committed to achieving gender diversity. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Key results expected / Major functional activities
Tasks that IFAD may require the services of procurement consultants for may include:
- Assess lead project implementing agency’s procurement capacities, systems and risks
- Determine appropriate project procurement implementation arrangements, including determining the extent of reliance on countries’ procurement systems, additional procedures to ensure consistency with IFAD’s Procurement Guidelines, and prior review thresholds
- Develop suitable project procurement supervision plans
- Develop initial 18-month procurement plans
- Develop capacity building programmes for project staff responsible for procurement
- Conduct Project Procurement Reviews to ensure appropriate oversight of project procurement practice
- Advise on complex procurement issues, propose sound solutions to correct procurement deficiencies or deter future ones
- Identify risk flags and evidence of malfeasance in procurement
- Deliver procurement training for project staff responsible for procurement
Minimum recruitment qualifications
Applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify to take the assessment:
Academic degree in Procurement, Business, Law, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Public Administration or related field. Full membership of CIPS will be considered equivalent to an academic degree
Five (5) years’ experience working as a public procurement professional.
Procurement work experience with projects funded by United Nations organizations or Multilateral Development Banks (e.g. IFAD, AfDB, AsDB, IADB, World Bank, UNDP, etc.)