IT Operations Assistant, G5 Tamale
IT Operations Assistant
Deadline for Applications: 10 days from publication
The office of the United Nations World Food Programme, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: IT Operations Assistant Duration: 1 year fixed Term (renewable)
Post Grade: G5 Duty Station: Tamale
Under the direct technical supervision of the IT Operations Associate in Accra and Administrative direction of the Head of Sub-Office in Tamale, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Co-ordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Maintain close liaison with a team of IT staff at the Country Office and Regional Bureau in Dakar to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Provide backstopping support to the Country Office and UNHRD in the absence of the Country Office IT focal.
- Provide technology support to projects intervention and partners including SCOPE.
- Ensure high performance of corporate beneficiary management system.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable
- Hands-on experience in IP networking technology (LAN/WAN)
- Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
- Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
- Has experience participating in procurement/budgeting process.
- Has strong knowledge and practical skill in electronics, electricals and telecommunications.
- Demonstrate high capabilities in troubleshooting and repairs of office electronic equipment.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
Applicants should submit their applications and CV stating 3 references online to: www1.wfp.org/careers/job.openings and follow the steps.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.