Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Specialist
In line with the corporate drive for greening UNDP operations, realizing value for money, and taking advantage of adoption of cloud computing, the OneICTbox is being roll-out to country offices across all the five regions. The project aims to replace the current traditional data centers with the OneICTbox which comes with a number of benefits including remote management, low power consumption, mobility, and minimal hardware. The project, however, requires high technical skills and time particularly due to the need to customize each implementation based on local circumstances.
Duties and Responsibilities
The contractor is required to play a significant role as guided by the Global ICT Manager in achieving the following tasks:
- Developing technical & operation guides: Develop concepts/ideas for technical operation of OneICTbox; Testing the concept and ensure it is efficient, reliable and robust; Document the concept and developing the step-by-step operation procedure based on test results (example, DR/BC step-by-step guide, Backing up devices step-by-step guide;
- Installation and Support: Play an active role in the roll-out of OneICTbox in conjunction with CO ICT focal point, Regional Coordinator, and UNICC (vendor); Perform initial installation of devices and assist on remote installation and activation of OneICTbox; Ensure the installation and configuration of OneICTbox devices are in line with Standard configuration guidelines and consistent; Monitor, document, and report on status of each implementation across the regions; Provide offices with remote technical support on escalated issues related to OneICTbox as may be directed by the Global ICT Specialist;
- Capacity Building: Ensure adequate capacity in Country Offices for first level system and conduct regional webinars as may be directed by the Global ICT Advisor;
- Documentation and ISO 9001 Compliance: Write documentation related to OneICTbox, including, but not limited to, procedures, system documentation, technical guides, conformity and corrective reports, and user feedback. Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate standards and ISO 9001:2015 of both the roll-out process and documentation;
Importance: OneICTbox forms the core of Country Office ICT infrastructure and requires maximum availability to avoid any disruption to operations. With the current roll-out process in a number of offices and the need to support completed installations, extra capacity is required to ensure adequate support staff to cover both areas. As a newly introduced concept that comes at a relatively high investment, sufficient resources to ensure stability are critical in order for UNDP to realize value for money.
Education and Experience:
- A first Degree in Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer Science or related field, with at least 2 years exposure in a similar environment;
- Technical requirement: At least CCNA and CCDA in Voice, Routing & Switching and/or security;
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- 1 year UN experience in an ICT environment and experience with network infrastructure operations, telecommunication and cloud based solutions will be an added advantage.
Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
Required Skills and Experience
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information:
1. Financial proposal:
- Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment
The financial proposal will specify the daily fee, and payments are made to the Individual Consultant based on the number of days worked.
All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. This includes all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources. In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed
2. Cover Letter:
- A motivational letter, which includes a brief description of the methodology on your approach to the assignment work and explaining your suitability for the work
3. UNDP Personal History Form (P11) and/or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Applicants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- The candidate has to be an independent consultant (If the candidate is engaged with any organization, the organization employing the candidate will be issued with a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) to release the employee for the consultancy with UNDP).
- Due to sheer number of applicants, the unit will contact only competitively selected consultants.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-09-30