Seeking qualified Liberian nationals for two positions in the Transport Unit, Operations Section of UNICEF Liberia. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Administrative Assistant (PAT 18231), the incumbent is responsible for driving UNICEF vehicles to transport staff and official visitors, as well as collection of official documents/goods.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Education: Secondary Education; a valid driver's license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Working Experience: Two years of work experience as a driver; knowledge of driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Language: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication, Level 1
- Working with people, Level 1
- Drive for results, Level 1
- Analyzing, Level 1
- Learning and Researching, Level 1
- Planning and Organizing, Level 1
- Following Instructions and Procedures, Level 1
- Adapting and responding to change, Level 1
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.