Information Systems Analyst
Background Information - Job-specific
The Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-BKK)
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. Under the general supervision of the Chief of Service, the incumbent reports to the senior project managers based on the resource requirement and project schedules.
The Information Systems Analyst gathers user requirements, maps new business processes, conducts quality assurance activities, prepares relevant documentation, configures SAP Material Management (MM) module, liaises with ABAP developers, and administers SAP and Siebel in the context of eRMS user management.
The incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Work with users to create functional specifications and technical design documents
- Develop and execute QA plan and produce QA reports
- Configure SAP MM environment and administer eRMS users
- Produce / update training material and conduct training for eRMS
- Participate in mission trainings and deployments
- Optimize business process
- Perform other duties as required
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- In coordination with the senior project managers, the incumbent is to monitor the progress and assure the on-time deliveries of technical artifacts and documents produced by the development team
- The incumbent is expected to exercise flexibility in dynamically changing delivery requirements and coordination skills in the controls of delivery schedule
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis, programming, systems administration and maintenance or software development is required for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Work experience in SAP development, SAP configuration, or SAP quality assurance is highly desirable.
- Hands-on technical experience in at least 4 of the following technologies is highly desirable: SAP Materials Management (MM), SAP Human Capital Management (HCM), SAP Employee Self-Service (ESS), SAP Manager Self-Service (MSS), Oracle Database, SAP Query, SAP Quick Viewer, CRM, SQL, CRM.
- Knowledge of Linux, UN application architecture, or integration with Siebel and other standard platforms is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: ICA1
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.