Driver - Kigoma JointProgramme
Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/supplies.
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for transport of UN officials and visitors;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Supporting UN officials and visitors on administrative and logistical issues,
- Provision of reliable, timely and secure driving services by:
- (a) driving office vehicle(s) for the transport of UN personnel, and visitors
- (b) delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items to authorized personnel,
- (c) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating customs and/or immigration formalities when/as required
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of lyres, brakes, car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Provision of administrative and logistical services when and as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education supplemented with a Certificate from a Technical/Vocational School. Valid driving license – Class “C”.
- Minimum three years’ work experience as a driver in a recognized institution with a safe driving record,
- Adept in national driving rules and regulations;
- Skills in minor vehicle repair and mechanics;
- Basic computer literacy as an added advantage;
- Experience with UN or diplomatic or Government organizations is an added advantage;
- Experience in the rural areas in Tanzania region is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
- Grade: SB-2 (SC3/SC4), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2018-11-20