London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Programme Officer to work in our London Head Office. You will work directly with the Programme Manager as part of a small, dynamic team to support the organization’s current portfolio of Field Support Service Projects.
The Field Support Services Projects (FSSPs) are designed to support the implementation of Global Affairs Canada’s development programs in-country through the provision of administrative, logistical, procurement and financial support. Frannan is currently implementing FSSPs in Senegal, Ghana and Bangladesh and requires a Programme Officer to assist in supporting and monitoring project activities. You will be an integral part of the Head Office team and will assist in overseeing field activities, advising on innovative project management, monitoring and communication tools, and producing high-quality internal and external reports.
You should be proficient in French, comfortable communicating with teams internationally, and capable of designing and developing responsive tools to improve project management internationally in a development context.
- Maintaining physical and electronic information management systems;
- Designing and implementing project communication and management/monitoring tools;
- Monitoring key project deadlines;
- Advising on the design and development of operating procedures and policies;
- Identifying service delivery risks and advising on mitigating strategies;
- Overseeing project procurement and contract administration activities;
- Writing and editing narrative reports;
- Drafting key correspondence;
- Advising on innovative, cost-effective ways to strengthen service delivery;
- Monitoring and preparing budgets;
- Maintaining communications platforms and social networks (website, twitter, LinkedIn);
- Pursuing business development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Politics, Economics or a related field;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with a keen eye-for-detail;
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise way;
- Able to work co-operatively as part of a team, as well as independently without supervision;
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and delivering tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision;
- IT proficiency, including familiarity with Office 365 functionalities;
- Excellent writing skills, including proficiency in editing and proof-reading (English and French);
- Fluency in English and French (Oral, Reading, Writing);
- Prepared to travel internationally.
- Master’s Degree or above in a relevant field;
- Experience working on international development projects;
- Experience developing and deploying project management tools;
- Experience working in a developing country - specific experience in the project countries (Senegal, Bangladesh, Ghana) would be a great asset.
The position will be based at our head office in Chiswick, London and is well-suited to an applicant with 3-5 years of experience in a related field, who is interested in furthering a career in international development. The position has excellent opportunities for growth and international travel, subject to good performance.
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and covering letter, clearly indicating why their skills are suited for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “Programme Officer – Application” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Unsuccessful candidates will not be notified.
“We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role, so you must be eligible to work in the UK. Please ensure that this condition is met before you apply”.
- Organization: Frannan International
- Location: London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Grade: Junior
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- International Relations
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2019-01-22