OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe objective of the department of Operational Support and Services is to ensure high quality, consistent and responsive managerial and administrative services to all programmes and staff in Headquarters, and where relevant, to all regions and office of WHO, and to promote an efficient and collaborative customer-oriented working environment to achieve results. The Global Conference and Training Centre, under OSS also manages and supports the delivery of Conference and Training facilities and services for WHO.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
To provide the necessary support to the organization of the GCT centre's meetings and trainings workshops.
Based on the guidance of the supervisor ensure logistics (hotel and travel arrangements) of the participants, including requesting flight itineraries for meeting participants from the travel agent, create suppliers in GSM, make flight books, raise travel requests and initiate travel claims.
To arrange the meeting of participants at the airport.
To prepare visa support letter for the application of visas to the Ministry of Interior.
To individualize invitation letters based on a template provided by the meeting organizer.
To prepare the relevant meeting documentation and provide secretarial support to multiple professional staff in the training area, and to other professional staff on the team or in the Centre as required.
To act as a focal point during the meetings for participants and towards the hotel / meeting venue, ensuring that services from the hotel (e.g. coffee breaks, room set up etc.) is provided as agreed.
To provide secretarial support to the meeting organizer during the meeting.
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent academic qualification.
Desirable\: Additional relevant education in management and logistic an advantage.
Essential\: A minimum of three years of relevant practical experience in administrative work.
Some experience in WHO an asset.
Knowledge of procedures and practices of an organization in the UN system is an advantage.
The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training.
Training in or sound knowledge of administrative procedures.
Proficiency in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Power Point, Excel, etcâ¦ ideally with training in online work planning and management systems.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at TND 18,692 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Tunis (Tunisia)
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2019-01-18