JOB TITLE: Communications Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Communications Specialist
SALARY CATEGORY: E/Assistant
LOCATION: GWPO Secretariat/Cap-Net Secretariat, Stockholm, Sweden
Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder platform supported by a global secretariat that was established as an intergovernmental organization to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The GWP network spans 13 regions with more than 3,000 institutional Partners in 180+ countries. The global secretariat is hosted by the GWP Organization (GWPO) located in Stockholm, Sweden. www.gwp.org.
Cap-Net is a global capacity development network for sustainable water management. The Cap-Net mechanism aims to ensure enhanced individual and institutional knowledge and capacities for sustainable water management at local and regional levels. Currently composed of 23 affiliated regional and country level capacity development networks with over 1000-member organizations in 120 countries, Cap-Net delivers training and education to water managers, professionals, and schools in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. www.cap-net.org.
GWP and Cap-Net are working together to promote and deliver learning on integrated water resources management. Collaborating strategically as well as operationally, the two initiatives share resources where practical and useful, and GWPO hosts Cap-Net administratively.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
This position supports the communications, knowledge sharing, and learning activities undertaken by the GWP and Cap-Net teams, in creative communications tasks, learning activities, and administration. Specific duties include:
- Support events that GWP or Cap-Net participates in, e.g., production of collateral materials such as posters, leaflets, brochures, and other outreach and communication tools.
- Support social media outreach and online visibility by researching, creating, and writing content for different platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, websites, etc.
- Support in measuring and analyzing social media and website analytics, and recommend improvements (linked to SEO goals, etc.).
- Request and evaluate estimates for various communications products and services.
- Create financial decisions for the Unit and code invoices.
- Prepare/update contractual documents with vendors and service providers.
- Monitor and maintain GWP’s storage and distribution web shop; place orders for shipments; ensure system is up to date and new publications added; and keep track of stock. Provide the same services to the Cap-Net team with regard to publications.
- Maintain a publications archive (both printed copies and electronic storage of original files).
- Other communications and administrative tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or experience in communications, marketing, public relations, business, or related field.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to write well in English. Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience with social media is a plus as well as with content management systems (GWP uses EpiServer).
- A good eye for visuals and basic design fundamentals.
- Experience in administrative tasks is desired but not required.
- Professionalism: Service-oriented work style, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously at all levels. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate interest, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Planning and Organizing: Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time and to deliver towards deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high quality products.
- Lanuage: Excellent command of written and spoken English. Languages other than English – in particular French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic – can be helpful but not required. Swedish language skills are an advantage but not required.
- Personal: A sense of humor. Love for nature, its beauty, and its resources. Willingness to 'get the job done’ with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks. Available for travel.
Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply. GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies and fast decisions, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth. The position, while new with GWP, is expected to be a long-term assignment and part of the core team. The contract is initially offered for 1-2 years for administrative reasons.
Please send your CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 1, 2019.