Global Partnership Adviser
Kingston upon Thames (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
VSO is the world's leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world's poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We're not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Working within VSO's Engagement and Partnerships Team, provide oversight and coordination to VSO's global strategic partnerships portfolio; facilitate ways of working and best practice, coordinating VSO's global approach to strategic partnership to enable VSO to position itself for opportunities to work in consortia and joint initiatives to innovate, bring programmes to scale, implement VSO's strategic initiatives and ensure VSO's global position.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- Organization: VSO - Volunteer Service Overseas
- Location: Kingston upon Thames (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Grade: Level not specified
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2019-01-22