Finance and Administration Analyst
The Position: The Finance
and Administration Analyst will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon and report to the Regional
Finance Manager. This position will assist in providing Finance and Administrative support for the
implementation of a GIZ- funded agricultural project in Cameroon.
· Oversee the financial operations of
the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including
cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of the country’s
· Responsible for entering financial
information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for
projects and for the organization.
· Prepare, examine, or analyze
accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess
accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Liaise with the Projects Finance Specialists
in the monitoring and review of partners reports.
· Manage financial controls, analyze
office and project budgets, and make recommendations on budget expenditures.
Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized
appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
· Support the Country Manager and
Project Managers, in coordination with the Project Finance Specialist, with
project budget monitoring and review.
· Ensure that all financial reporting
is completed on time.
· Oversee the country statutory annual
· Responsible for the administration
of insurances, contracting and administrating services in according to the
Center’s standards and policies.
· Responsible for country legal and
· Compute taxes owed and prepare tax
returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
· Manage fixed assets of the Center,
review and support the preparation of inventories.
· Responsible for procurement of goods
· Responsible for the coordination of
IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user.
People and Organizational
· In coordination with HQ, advice and
support staff and managers on all aspects of employee relations (from
Recruitment to Departure) and help them to interpret and apply HR policies and
practices in day to day work.
· Be accountable for the compliance of
the National and International Health & Safety laws, regulations and
· Oversees payroll administration and
maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit
purposes, in accordance with legal requirements
· Prepare reports and provide
recommendations to monitor significant trends (i.e. Inflation), emerging
opportunities and challenges in the areas of responsibility.
Grants & Contracts
· Coordinate with the Grants and
Contracts (G&C) team contracts related actions. This will require follow up
on project management related activities such as signature and agreements or
reporting on need basis.
· Liaise with the G&C office to
monitor deliverables reporting for grants applicable to the operations in the
- Bachelor’s degree
in in Accounting, Financial Management or related field;
in MS Office, especially in Excel;
software packages (ERP preferable);
least 2 years of professional experience performing similar functions,
preferably in an environment of international organizations or NGOs;
- Experience in management and administration of
annual budgets, handling payroll and taxes;
- Fluent verbal and
written communication skills in English.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Yaoundé (Cameroon)
- Grade: Junior
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2019-01-31