Assistant FAOR (Administration)
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner
The Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) reports to the FAO Representative.
Programme administration and financial management, including accounting and personnel administration.
Effective and efficient provision of administrative support to the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates the office's administrative services;
• Provides administrative support in the implementation of FAO collaborative programmes and ensures periodic monitoring of their implementation;
• Plans and implements procedures, norms and systems in compliance with existing policies, for a full range of administration-related processes;
• Manages and supervises the administrative team;
• Reviews and analyses data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO's corporate systems and database;
• Prepares reports, financial and budgetary estimates for projects; plans and organizes the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by projects and programmes; prepares special reports for budget preparation , audits, and other requests;
• Reviews accounts, processes payments in accordance with established rules and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
• Oversees the financial and administrative correspondence and filing system of the office;
• Monitors the receipt of Government contributions and ensures that all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;Ensures the compliance with the Organization's security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards ' MOSS)
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience
• Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures
• Extent of knowledge of FAO's corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.