The Government of Ghana has a vision of a ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ through value addition of its natural resources. It has restored macro-economic stability and strong growth performance and has made a bold and public declaration to accelerate industrialization, particularly through vertically integrated value addition with Ghana’s agriculture products and rich deposits of mineral reserves, particularly gold, bauxite, iron ore, manganese and lithium. This is in addition to a range of other investment opportunities in key national infrastructure, vehicle manufacture, pharmaceutical, garment, technology, petrochemical, retail, tourism, energy and Agro-processing industries.
In support of this agenda, TBI is seeking a highly motivated Analyst to join a new and evolving TBI Ghana team consisting of experienced Country Head, Advisors & Analysts providing embedded support at the Presidency and to key economic institutions of government. Your analytical and research skills will underpin our work in support of the government’s drive to implement policies and drive implementation of flagship programs, attract FDI, industrialize the economy; generate exports and create jobs.
Overall responsibilities of Analyst:
- Conducting research on selected topics as required by Country Head, Advisors and Senior Government Counterparts;
- Undertaking other high-impact analytically focused projects/studies including policy & regulatory analysis; sectoral & industry analysis;
- Driving the TBI’s internal efforts in analytical capacity-building and managing various knowledge documents and availing it for others
Detailed essential duties:
- Plan, prioritize and manage work streams from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables;
- Identify and structure problems, develop and apply appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches, and synthesize critical hypothesis;
- Identify and acquire relevant research and data, and perform quality control to ensure validity and accuracy of data;
- Proactively identify risks and issues affecting task or work stream delivery, and promptly communicate upward with solution options;
- Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal team meetings and with external stakeholders;
- Support completion of high-quality written documents and/or presentations;
- Articulate findings and presentations using various presentation tools, i.e., power point, excel etc.
- Support senior government counterparts in mapping, engaging and managing key stakeholders, including foreign and domestic investors, development partners and various government institutions.
- Support the Country Head and other team members with fund raising, quarterly and annual reporting; strategic and management programmes.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of leadership and delivery with exceptional analytical and communication skills. We seek to create local and international multi-disciplinary teams and are looking for individuals with a background in any of the following sectors: strategy consulting; public sector; industry; private equity; investment banking or international development.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Outstanding record of academic achievement;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with minimum GPA of 3.0 and above (preferred areas of study: Mathematics; Statistics; ICT; Business, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Law, Communications);
- Between 1-3 years of work experience following undergraduate degree;
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills;
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines is essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels, with an emphasis on high- performance, results and accountability,
- Prior extracurricular activity is highly desired, i.e, Youth Association, Community Service etc.
- Strong willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player;
- Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, a can-do attitude, resourcefulness; tenacity; independence; self-confident; integrity and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
VALUES WE EXPECT OUR ANALYSTS TO SHARE WITH US:
- COURAGE… because to tackle global challenges, we must innovate and take smart risks
- COLLABORATION… because when we work together and with external partners, we can overcome even the largest problems
- COMPASSION … because our work is ultimately about improving people’s lives